Keeping your vehicle safe from thieves can be challenging. Here are some tips to help you safeguard yours.
- Park your vehicle in a secure garage if possible.
- Park your vehicle in well lit areas.
- Lock your vehicle and activate any security systems.
- Never leave a vehicle running or the key or FOB in vehicle when unattended.
- Consider using a deterrent like a steering-wheel or brake-pedal lock, or OBD2 port blocker.
- Install a quality aftermarket immobilizer device with an ignition disabler that protects against relay, reprogramming, or CAN bus attacks.
- If possible, turn off key FOB or place inside an RFID-blocking pouch (e.g. Faraday bag) when not in use, even at home.
- Use a visible or audible device that shows thieves the vehicle is protected.
- Equip your vehicle with a GPS tracking device.
- Do not physically track your stolen vehicle or put yourself in harms way.
- Always report suspicious activity to police.