About Équité Association
As a not-for-profit organization, Équité Association supports Canadian insurers to fight fraud by using advanced analytics, intelligence best practices, and coordinated investigations. Combining expert investigative services and advanced analytics, Équité serves as a unified organization, delivering improved service and fraud analytics for vehicle and cargo recovery. Leveraging relationships with law enforcement, partners and industry organizations, Équité serves as a centre point for insurance crime across all insurers, and is protecting Canadians by working to eradicate insurance fraud and crime. Équité, is invested in diminishing crime in Canada ,and protecting all Canadians against exploitation.
About the Role
We use a wide range of data and intelligence to achieve three objectives:
- Help insurers identify fraud through integrated advanced analytics and investigations;
- Uncover trends in the data to enhance and enable cross-insurer investigations coordinated by Équité; and
- Assess the risk generated by fraud analytics solution, identifying suspicious events, and continuous refinement of the solution.
Reporting to the VP, Chief Data & Technology Officer (CDTO), the Senior Manager – Analytics Triage requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This is an exciting new opportunity to lead a team primarily responsible for assessing the risk generated by fraud analytics solution, identifying suspicious events, and providing effective fraud analysis and insights to the solution for continuous model refinement. This role will also collaborate with our Data Science and Analytics team in the development of internal data analytics for identification of potential organized criminal activities.
- Lead a team to review and assess alerts generated from the fraud detection solution, perform analysis to determine and identify suspicious criminal activities.
- Provide recommendations, update and validate changes to the fraud detection solution.
- Work closely with our Data Science and Analytics teams to leverage opportunities within our data for insights and business value.
- Ensure strong collaboration with partners to understand challenges and opportunities to optimize delivery.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness through continual evaluation of systems, process and procedures.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve objectives.
- Influence the approach to address business questions with Insurance investigation and fraud prevention related insights.
- Ongoing coaching and development of team members.
- Work with a broad base of business stakeholders, vendors and insurance members in a highly collaborative environment.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- The successful candidate will have a university degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting analytics/technology mandates.
- 7+ years of experience in the P&C insurance industry with fraud knowledge
- Working knowledge of data analysis methodologies, such as AI/ML predictive modeling.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, and addressing fraudulent activities.
- Knowledge of IT processes and infrastructure to support business intelligence and analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels within an organization, with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent technical oral/written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills and leading within complex businesses and outsourced relationships.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Results-focused approach and strong work ethic.
- Energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable and excels within remote work environments
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We highly value our diversity and inclusion culture and welcome all candidates, including women, BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ and allies.