As a not-for-profit, independent organization, Équité Association supports Canadian insurers to fight fraud by using advanced analytics, intelligence best practices, and coordinated investigations. Combining expert investigative services and advanced analytics, Équité serves as a unified organization, delivering improved service and fraud analytics for vehicle and cargo recovery. Leveraging relationships with law enforcement, partners and industry organizations, Équité serves as a centre-point for insurance crime across all insurers, and is protecting Canadians by working to eradicate insurance fraud and crime. Équité, is invested in diminishing crime in Canada, and protecting all Canadians against exploitation.
About the Role
We use a wide range of data and intelligence to achieve four objectives:
- Help insurers identify fraud through integrated advanced analytics and investigations;
- Enhance and enable cross-insurer investigations coordinated by Équité;
- Lead stakeholder in vehicle and hard-asset recover & identification services; and
- Support law enforcement, regulators, professional colleges and other public investigative agencies to identify criminals and bring them to justice. We will also endeavour to raise public awareness about consumer scams: how they work and how to detect and prevent them.
The Senior Infrastructure Ops Engineer reports to the Director, Head of Technology Solutions and requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The position offers a motivated person the opportunity to:
- Create cloud-first (AWS) secure datalake and contribute to development of AI based fraud solution for the insurance industry in Canada;
- Showcase technical leadership on a team with data engineers, analyst & data scientists, including process improvements as well as ownership and delivery of high-impact projects; and
- Grow their career with an organization focused on creating a vibrant, accessible culture that welcomes open discourse, supports the employee development, and balances technology, process and people.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Lead ITIL activities including change review, incident review and problem management
- Use monitoring tools and system analytics to quickly diagnose the root cause analysis
- Hands-on experience with Networking and Security Concepts. Conduct risk assessment checks on systems, firewalls and update security procedures
- Configuring end user and administration access that adhere to Équité access control guidelines
- Providing best practices for architecting and maintaining cost-efficient scalable cloud environment, as required
- 5+ years of prior DevSecOps and SSDLC work experience
- An understanding of infrastructure management concepts, in any cloud providers(e.g. AWS, GCP), commonly deployed services, and serverless technologies. Équité uses AWS.
- In depth knowledge of IAM security principles, protocols, frameworks, solutions and vulnerabilities.
- Prior experience with CI/CD tools and automation workflows, at least for application deployment
- Experience in securing operating systems, firewalls, networks, systems, databases and application architectures. Experience with cloud networking design and concepts including VPC, subnets, NAT, WAF, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as code tools (AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform, or Ansible)
- Linux OS and shell scripting
- Prior experience in release management and branching techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a friendly, collaborative attitude
- A university degree in the field of Information Technology
- Comfortable and excels within remote work
- Any of following certifications: AWS DevOps certification, AWS Security Specialist, AWS Solution Architect
- Knowledge of Governance/Compliance/Standards - ISO 27001
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Amazon Macie and finding types
- Experience with Python is an asset
- Experience in the P&C insurance industry
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We highly value our diversity and inclusion culture and welcome all candidates, including women, BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ and allies.