About Équité Association
As a not-for-profit organization, Équité Association supports Canadian insurers to fight fraud by using advanced analytics, intelligence best practices, and coordinated investigations. Combining expert investigative services and advanced analytics, Équité serves as a unified organization, delivering improved service and fraud analytics for vehicle and cargo recovery. Leveraging relationships with law enforcement, partners and industry organizations, Équité serves as a centre point for insurance crime across all insurers, and is protecting Canadians by working to eradicate insurance fraud and crime. Équité, is invested in diminishing crime in Canada, and protecting all Canadians against exploitation.
About the Role
We use a wide range of data and intelligence to achieve four objectives:
- Help insurers identify fraud through integrated advanced analytics andinvestigations;
- Enhance and enable cross-insurer investigations coordinated by Équité;
- Lead stakeholder in vehicle and hard-asset recover & identificationservices; and
- Support law enforcement, regulators, professional colleges and other public investigative agencies to identify criminals and bring them to justice. We will also endeavour to raise public awareness about consumer scams: how they work and how to detect and prevent them.
The Senior Cyber Security Analyst, reports to the Director, Head of Cyber Security and will act as the technical security guru ensuring appropriate cyber security controls are designed, implemented and operating effectively to protect the data and systems of Équité.
Équité is looking for an individual with deep technical skills and a strong business acumen.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Serve as the cyber security expert designing security controls to comply with Équité’s Security Policy
- Act as the technical expert overseeing cyber security technical controls for all of Équité Information Assets
- Advise on emerging cyber security trends, evolving threats and new technologies
- Assist with obtaining and maintaining ISO 27001 certification
- Serve as a key member of the Cyber Incident Response team
- Interact daily with Équité Managed Security Service provider, conduct cyber security audits, review actionable alerts, respond to investigations and recommend corrective actions
- Review vulnerability assessment results, prioritize, and assist in remediation efforts
- Collaborate with business units to provide consultation and guidance on cyber security
- Maintain cyber KPI’s demonstrating compliance to policies
- Develop and maintain relationships with Équité’s vendors, partners and members
- Act as the delegate for the Head of Cyber Security when required
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization and its partners
- University Degree or College Diploma in Information Security, Information Technology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology, with 2 years hands-on experience administering Information Security Controls
- Ability to balance security requirements withenabling business operations
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with cloud security
- One or more security certifications (AWS Certified Security – Specialty, CISSP, CCSP, CISA etc.)
- Experience with Managed Services is an asset
- Driven by curiosity, creativity and collaboration
- Life long learner staying current with emerging cyber security trends, evolving threats and new technologies
- Strong organizational and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Results-focused approach and strong work ethic
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable and excels within remote work
We encourage applications from all backgrounds andcommunities. We highly value our diversity and inclusion culture and welcomeall candidates, including women, BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ and allies.