About Équité Association
A new company, in its inaugural year, Équité Association was founded to protect Canadians and contribute to a more equitable world by tackling insurance crime. Partnering with the Insurance Bureau of Canada and member insurance companies, Équité is a21st century company, using the best technology and talent available. Committed to open conversations, shared resources for Canadians and strong, ethical standards, Équité aims to offer a global standard in successfully combatting insurance crime.
About the Role
The Primary Investigator (ICSS), reports to the Director, Ontario &Atlantic Region & ICSS (case manager (CM)). In consultation with the CM, the primary investigator will provide investigative expertise and leadership to cross-insurer investigations conducted ICSS and member companies’ Insurer Lead Investigators(ILIs) / Insurer Lead Analysts (ILAs).
The position offers a motivated, astute person the opportunity to have an indelible impact on the organization’s evolution – an organization focused on creating a vibrant, accessible culture that welcomes open discourse, supports the members, and balances technology, process and people.
Specific account abilities include:
- Report potential criminal or breach of regulation linkages to the CM.
- Identify the human and material resources required to conduct the type of cross-insurer investigations and advise the CM.
- Audit, review and communicate all investigative information relevant to the investigation through regular meetings/briefings to the Investigative Team.
- Maintain appropriate assignment scheduling for the Investigative Team.
- Assign tasks to personnel within the Investigative Team commensurate with their home office, skills, experience and training.
- In consultation with the CM, control the direction, speed and flow of the cross-insurer investigation.
- Ensure actions are generated and completed in a timely fashion.
- Provide clear concise instructions and reasoning to the ILIs / ILAs for task assignments.
- In consultation with the ICSS File Coordinator (FC), ensure the preparation and maintenance of a detailed chronology of the investigation.
- When applicable, ensure a Substantive Evidence / Event Summary (SES) is prepared and maintained for any criminal or regulatory infractions that are identified.
- In consultation with the FC, maintain meeting minutes.
- Participate as a member of the Investigative Consultant Team (ICT) for the industry’s Équité Investigation Committee, as required.
- When required to make a referral or consult with a Police of Jurisdiction(POJ) or regulatory body, participate as a member of the ICT.
- Mentor ILIs / ILAs.
- Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally, including working relationships with partners to facilitate future and ongoing insurance crime investigations.
- Effective communication and promotion of Investigative Services Division projects and the Équité brand.
- Other projects / duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
- Results-focused approach and strong work ethic.
- Energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Strong understanding of the legal requirements of information sharing
- Ability to compile complex reports for management and investigations.
- An understanding of the insurance industry, insurance claims investigations, and the entire insurance process.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with employees, members, colleagues and all levels of management.
- Crime analysis and data intelligence experience.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and oversee strategy and transfer objectives to the operational level.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to handle competing deadlines and deliverables.
- Highest degree of personal integrity and ethic with a positive, motivated and member-focused attitude.
- Demonstrated Law Enforcement experience an asset including:
- Active involvement in investigation of major crimes and investigation of organized crime groups.
- Ability to conduct complex financial crime investigations with experience leading multi-agency project driven investigations.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Code, specifically elements of fraud and other related insurance crimes.
- Understanding the principles of Major Case Management experience is an asset.
- Bilingual English / French is an asset but not mandatory.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We highly value our diversity and inclusion culture and welcome all candidates, including women, BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ and allies.