About Équité Association
As a not-for-profit organization, Équité Association supports Canadian insurers to fight fraud by using advanced analytics, intelligence best practices, and coordinated investigations. Combining expert investigative services and advanced analytics, Équité serves as a unified organization, delivering improved service and fraud analytics for vehicle and cargo recovery. Leveraging relationships with law enforcement, partners and industry organizations, Équité serves as a centre point for insurance crime across all insurers, and is protecting Canadians by working to eradicate insurance fraud and crime. Équité, is invested in diminishing crime in Canada, and protecting all Canadians against exploitation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the President & CEO primarily, as well as the other Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members secondarily, by addressing all of the administrative needs of the CEO’s office. ELT members requiring secondary support include the CFO,CTO, CMO, GC, VP Investigations.
- Facilitate the coordination, deadlines (e.g., work back schedules for the teams), and collation of key materials across the various business units to ensure materials are brought into the CEO’s office on a timely basis and allows time for thorough reviews by the CEO.
- Act as the key contact for executives for planning of committee meetings, managing calendars primarily for the CEO, and secondarily for the other ELT members.
- Prepare meeting materials, coordinate board and committee members’ electronic calendars. Copy and distribute documents. Prepare board meeting binder and materials for the CEO. Prepare materials for Member Advisory Group meetings.
- Manage electronic calendars in co-ordination with external/internal stakeholders.
- Generate all necessary communications with regard to meetings and travel arrangements. Process any expense account information.
- Ensure all correspondence leaving the office of the CEO meets department standards and is error free.
- Anticipates needs, is self-directed and proactive in ensuring timeliness of meetings, materials and activities for the CEO’s office.
- Ensure that records, files and data are readily available by organizing and maintaining accurate manual and automated filing systems.
- Arrange external meetings of varying sizes including attending and assessing off-site venues, negotiating contracts for meeting facilities and catering, attending to assist in meeting coordination, particularly across board directors and with their respective administrative offices.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, correspondence, bulletins, reports and agendas in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other organizational, coordination and administrative activities as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years as an Executive Assistant to a senior executive officer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; French is an asset.
- High level of tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential issues and high-level executives.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word and PowerPoint).
- Effective problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meeting all timelines, and with a positive communication style.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We highly value our diversity and inclusion culture and welcome all candidates, including women, BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ and allies.