As a not-for-profit organization, Équité Association supports Canadian insurers to fight fraud by using advanced analytics, intelligence best practices, and coordinated investigations. Combining expert investigative services and advanced analytics, Équité serves as a unified organization, delivering improved service and fraud analytics for vehicle and cargo recovery. Leveraging relationships with law enforcement, partners and industry organizations, Équité serves as a centre point for insurance crime across all insurers, and is protecting Canadians by working to eradicate insurance fraud and crime. Équité, is invested in diminishing crime in Canada, and protecting all Canadians against exploitation.
About the Role
We use a wide rangeof data and intelligence to achieve four objectives:
- Help insurers identify fraud through integrated advanced analytics and investigations;
- Enhance and enable cross-insurer investigations coordinated by Équité;
- Lead stakeholder in vehicle and hard-asset recover& identification services; and
- Support law enforcement, regulators, professional colleges and other public investigative agencies to identify criminals and bring them to justice. We will also endeavour to raise public awareness about consumer scams: how they work and how to detect and prevent them.
Reporting to the VP, Chief Data & Technology Officer (CDTO), the Director Technology Solutions oversees the development and maintenance of the Advanced Analytics and Countermeasures platform, which includes an AWS Data Lake, various data marts and reporting functions, data science and behavioural modelling services, and supporting vendor technologies to deliver fraud alerting and network link analysis and reporting functions. This is an exciting new opportunity to lead the new development and lead a technical team of data engineers, data architect, devops engineer and data scientists/analysts, partnering with key vendors to build a new platform, using the latest technologies. Working with the CDTO and their technical team, this role is also responsible for data analytics development & delivery to support projects and programs and all solutions implemented are compliant with data and security regulation and policies.
- Lead the design & architectural solution using AWS foundation services – VPC, Compute, Storage, Network & Security
- Manage end-to-end analytics delivery and key vendor relationships (data lake, ingestion pipelines, data modeling, dashboards etc.).
- Manage stakeholder relationships through setting expectations and open communication channels to ensure the technical work is being done to drive business objectives, while being transparent and accountable to business units.
- Support member insurers, and partners with data solutions, data requirements and data quality solutions to deliver technical solutions, continuous build out of the analytics platform, including ingesting third party data, research, modeling, and POCs as applicable.
- Manage data request intake, prioritization, estimation and fulfilment.
- Educate business groups on best practices around data quality.
- Ensure delivery of all analytics data assets to the business in a consistent and easy to use manner.
- Engage stakeholders to ensure buy-in and project success.
- Ensure strong collaboration with partners to understand day to day challenges and opportunities to optimize delivery.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- The successful candidate will have a university degree in quantitative discipline (Math/Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent combination of education and work experience and a minimum of 7 years experience supporting analytics/technology mandates.
- Strong understanding and development of AWS foundation - VPC, Compute, Storage, Network & Security
- Ability to provision infrastructure using Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Hands on knowledge of Python
- Proven track record of successfully implementing software and cloud development projects, within an agile environment, with an ability to motivate teams
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Vendors, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and IT Security Personnel
- Working knowledge of data analysis methodologies, such as AI/ML predictive modeling
- Knowledge of IT processes and infrastructure to support business intelligence and analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels within an organization, with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent technical oral/written and presentation skills.
- Great at planning, priority setting, project management, problem resolution, and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong leadership skills and leading within complex businesses and outsourced relationships.
- Strong organizational planning and communication skills; attention to detail.
- Results-focused approach and strong work ethic.
- Energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable and excels within remote work environments
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We highly value our diversity and inclusion culture and welcome all candidates, including women, BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ and allies.